Thursday, September 02, 2010

Last Fling

This Sunday! Sunday!! Sunday!!! (say in monster truck announcer voice) I will be speaking at the Last Fling as a guest of the National Bone Marrow Registry.  Not totally sure how this is going to go down but it looks like I will be taking the stage before Clint Black at around 8pm.  I will be telling Matthew's story and encouraging others there to sign up for 'Be the Match'.  If you are in the hood, swing on by.

Matthew is 3/4 done with his radiation with only 2 treatments left to go tomorrow.  We went over to the Museum of Science and Industry this morning after his morning treatment and had a blast running roughshod over that place.  I took some pics but they all turned out like garbage.


Awesome comments below.  I am going to print them out and post them in Matthew's hospital room when he is moved to isolation.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

GO GENE!! WE will cheer you on as we will be there in the crowd (probably on the riverwalk)

GO MATTHEW!!! Zander continues to say prayers for as he says "my friend Matthew"

ENJOY THE WEEKEND FURIBONDOS

Garbis Grapevine said...

This is sooooo awesome Gene, you will do great!!!!! Sorry I will miss it this year, but I will be thinking about you. Glad to hear Matthew had some fun in between treatments. Thinking, praying, and sending positive energy your way.

Lisa

The Hitmaker said...

Solid. Keep on rolling.

Garbis Grapevine said...

Good luck tonight Gene!!!!!!!!!! You might even get to meet Clint Black!